Saturday, January 23, 2016

Il Mercado

I now know why so many Italians are in decent shape despite all the food they eat.  By noon I had already walked 4.5 miles! The past few days I’m averaging about 3 miles a day, and most of that is up and down hills.  We are definitely going to have some fabulous calves by the end of this semester.


We went to the Mercado this morning, which is a weekly flea market in Arezzo.  It was a lot of fun, even though I didn’t buy anything.  It was almost a full mile long, filled with clothes and shoes and other random things.  The food was toward the back of the Mercado, with people selling fresh fruits and veggies, cheese and meat, and some food truck type stands as well.  It was a lot of fun, even though I didn’t buy anything.  I did get some cool pictures of the fruit and candy stands though! 

One of a Couple Fruit/Vegetable Stands

I'm not really sure what these are, but they were super colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment