Thursday, January 28, 2016

Exploring Italy, and Maybe Europe

Well, I’ve been staring at a blank page for about 5 minutes now trying to figure out what to write.  With it being the first week of classes, not much has really happened so far.  We did have our last two orientations yesterday, mostly about being safe on our travels while we are here and registering our trips so they know where we are.  Actually, we got to go to a grocery store here called Coop, which was interesting.  It’s kind of like a Walmart, but without the clothes and outdoor stuff.  It was the first time I had gotten out of the historic district of Arezzo since we got here, which was nice.

I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to do for spring break.  I want to go to the UK and maybe Paris, but I’ve got to figure out some sort of plan.  I’ve looked at some of the pre-arranged travelling tours, including some for students that are relatively cheap.  There’s one in Paris that takes you to the Eiffel Tower and to Versailles, which would be really cool.  I also really want to go to Scotland.  I was going to go to Ireland, but since the break is during St. Patrick’s Day, I’m not sure that’s a good idea!  I don’t know if anyone from the program wants to go to those places as well, so it’s been a little difficult to plan.


We’re supposed to have a “Saturday Stroll” this weekend that Leanna and Colin are planning, but we don’t know where we may be going yet! It’s supposed to be to the small towns near Arezzo, so it should be fun! And next weekend is our overnight trip to Padua, which is near Venice where Carnival is happening right now! We’re planning on staying a second night to go walk around Venice for the day and see the sights.  Should be a great time to get some pictures. 

Breakfast at Bar Bruschi

 Lunch at La Tua Piadina

The Bruschi's Pastry Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment